The focus of Student Success is designing and implementing innovative programs aimed at helping all students achieve their potential and succeed in secondary school by:
- Providing direct support/instruction to students in order to improve achievement.
- Working with parents and community agencies to support students.
- Accessing DSBN programs for students requiring an alternative pathway to achieve success.
- Supporting school-wide efforts to improve outcomes for struggling students.
- Tracking the progress of students at risk of not graduating.
- Re-engaging early school leavers.
The Student Success Teacher works together with Guidance, Administration, Special Education and the In-School Team, to identify students needing additional support, initiate program changes, advocate for students and track progress. Working together, students can be successful and stay on track to graduate.